Sunday, January 4, 2015

Making Up For Monday: Reading Goals






It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question:
What are your reading goals for the New Year?

My goals for this year are some of the same goals I had for last year, but with slight tweaks in them:

1. Starting last year, I wanted to read 50 classics in five years. Here is the list. Last year I read 14, making really good progress. This year, I want to read at least 10.

2. I am starting working on the Pulitzer Prize Winners last year, that I wanted to read in two years.  Here's that list. Considering there are over 60, that was a hefty goal that I changed it to completing in three years.  Last year, I read 17.  I would like to increase that, and read at least 20.

3. I also would like to read 75 books this year. This is a much smaller goal than the last two years, but since I will be having a baby this year, I decided to take it easy on the reading goals. I'll be a first time mom and I am not sure yet how much reading I'll be accomplishing with the wee one. But until it gets here, I am going to be reading away!

What about you?  Did you set some reading goals for the year?


6 comments:

  1. I really wanted to participate in this but I already had a blog post written up in this so I just liked my top ten resolutions for the year. I decided to make my goal 70 but ultimately I would like to reach 100. I am doing my masters this year so I have a 20,000 word dissertation to write, all my other classes, 8 weeks of work experience and a part time job! Then again that is nothing compared with having a baby I am sure haha congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think your year sounds pretty packed full! Time is something we all have less and less of anymore!

      Delete
  2. Great goals. I limited mine to three, so it was more achievable. Good luck with the Classics and the PP Winners! I'm aiming for 100 books this year and am making great progress -- 2 down and 2 more almost done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At that speed, you'll read more than 100 books in 2015! Way to go Page!

      Delete
  3. My goals for books are kind of the same as they are for food: consume less junk and more good, filling, nutritious stuff.

    ReplyDelete