Sunday, January 25, 2015

Making Up For Monday: Let's Get Physical

It's time for Making Up For Monday! This is a weekly meme hosted by me that asks some fun literary questions. Feel free to play along!

This week's question:
  How many physical books do you own?

Oh boy is this a tough question. I have so many books, that they do not fit into one room. Right now, they are kept in six different places around the house.  One of those places is in the basement in boxes because I have literally no room to put more books.  So I will tell you how many books I have outside of those books, because digging through boxes does not sound like fun.

The other fun thing is that we are currently undergoing a remodel of our kitchen. The reading nook I have is right next to the kitchen, so all those book migrated up on a shelf to make room for all the kitchen stuff that needed to be moved. So they are really crammed up there.









And that leads to a grand total of......

408!  

I think I might have a problem. 


What about you?



4 comments:

  1. Great idea and post! It was fun to count up my books, though kind of exhausting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! After I say the question for the day, I was wondering what I was thinking because now I had to count all my books!

      Delete
  2. I used to have hundreds before I moved to New Zealand. Like, they filled up most of a room in my apartment. But it was going to be way too expensive to ship them out here, not to mention trying to find a place to store them all (rent is NOT cheap). So now I have maybe 10 that I'm hanging on to because they're precious to me. I make it a point to get rid of all the others as soon as I read them. Ebooks though? So, so many ebooks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad that you had to get rid of all of them, but makes sense. When I moved to Spokane, it took 14 boxes just to contain most of my books, and they were not light. Shipping that alone would cost a small fortune.

      Delete