Monday, January 12, 2015

Top Ten 2013/2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To

It's time for Top Ten Tuesday again, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.  This week they ask us to list: Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To.

I am terrible about keeping up with new releases (since there are so many books already out that I haven't had time to even come close to reading), so I only had 4 books for 2014.  So I decided to list my 2013 books as well since that list together made up 10. And these list just make me feel like I need to read faster! 

2013: 

Gulp by Mary Roach: I first heard of Mary Roach when a friend of mine asked me to come with her to a book signing for the book Bonk. She had read and loved Stiff and wanted to meet the author. I was so impressed by the author, I bought both Stiff and Bonk that night and have read both.  I also read a few others, but haven't had the time to get to this one yet. Lucky for me, my secret Santa sent it to me for Christmas! 


Pretenders by Lisi Harrison: My niece loved this book and asked me to read it so she could talk to someone about it. I haven't gotten around to it yet.  Sorry Dora!


Game by Barry Lyga: I read and enjoyed I Hunt Killers and would like to continue the series, but am waiting on my local library to get a copy.


All The Light There Was by Nancy Kricorian: I own this book and everything, but considering it takes place in Nazi Germany, I know it's going to be a heavy read and I have been reluctant to undertake that.

The World's Strongest Librarian by Josh Hanagarne: This books looks so fascinating, but I just haven't picked it up yet. Sigh, so many books; so little time.


The Goldfinch by David Tartt: This is a Pulitzer Prize winner, so I will be reading it this year or next.




2014: 

Blood of my Blood by Barry Lyga:  Much like the second book in the series, I am waiting on my library to get this book.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell:  I hear such wonderful things about this author and have read two of her books. Sadly, I was not a big fan of either one.  But I wonder if I just read some books that aren't my type and perhaps this one will be more up my alley.  I don't know, hence why I haven't read it yet.


All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr: My book club read this book and it looks really good, but I got it from the library right before I got really sick for two months, so I never read it and had to return it before I was ready to read it again.


The Most Dangerous Animal by Gary Stewart: I got this for my birthday and want to read it so bad, but there is a long list ahead of it (for blogging, book club, and Arc copies), so it just sits on my shelf.  Sigh.

8 comments:

  1. My cousin was telling me about Donna Tart and how I just must read some of her books. Goldfinch was one of the ones she recommended so I really need to pick it up at some point!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Goldfinch and All the Light We Cannot See both in my top reads for 2014 - make time for both (even though they're both BIG books!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love hearing that the books will be worth it! Yippee! I will definitely leave them on my TBR list and get to them this year!

      Delete
  3. The Pretenders has been on my TBR for the longest!! I share your dissapointment in not being able to read everything all the time!! Check out my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more I read, the more books I find to read! It's like a Catch 22!

      Delete
  4. I've only read 1/2 of one of these books. ALL THE LIGHT has such lovely writing, but the story got dull for me. I quit halfway through. LANDLINE is on my TTT list as well. I hope we both get to it this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree on All the Light! I was so bored through most of that book.

      Delete