This week's theme: Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier
1. The library: They might as well make a shelf for me because I am constantly requesting books. They have a great online system and a plethora of books. They make my adventure into book blogging easy.
2. Goodreads: I love that I can see what my friends are reading and they can recommend books for me. And the biggest help is the "to-read" list. When I am ready for a new book, I check out the list and order more from the library.
3. Powell's Bookstore: Its the bookstore in Portland, OR, where I not longer live. But I visit it a few times a year and still love it. It's a full city block and filled with new and used books from all over the world. I could spend a lifetime in this store.
4. Abe Books: Sometimes I want to own a book, but its not a book I care enough about to spend $15-25 on. Abe Books is my source. Using buyers from around the world (including libraries and bookstores), you can find nearly any book for a very low price. It may not be in "new" condition, but I have yet to have an issue with the quality (although I only buy from seller's with good ratings).
5. Auntie's Bookstore: While I LOVE Powell's Books, I don't live in Portland, OR anymore. When I crave a bookstore experience, I head to downtown Spokane, WA to Auntie's Bookstore, Spokane's largest independent bookstore. I don't know what it is about independent bookstores, but they have a homey feeling. And the employees there are awesome!
6. Pinterest: Sometimes (although not often lately), I am not sure what book to read next. Pinterest has a tons of lists available of books that one should read. I use it every once in awhile for ideas.
7. My dad: My dad is the person closest to me with the most similar taste in books. We both listen to books on tape while working, so we can polish off quite a few. We talk a lot about the books we are reading and recommend books to each other. Some are good, some are bad, but neither of us take offense when one of us likes a book the other doesn't.
|Yep, that little baby is me! And that's my dad.|
8. Barnes and Noble: Barnes and Noble is the closest bookstore to my home and sometimes I need a bookstore fix and don't want to drive far. Plus, they give members AND their family members a great discount and my sister is a member. Love it!
9. Other bloggers: I love reading other people's blogs! They give me great ideas for my blog as well as great recommendations for new books to add to my to-read list!
10. Anyone who reads my blog: Seriously, if it weren't for you guys reading my blog, I don't think I would do it at all. Thank you!