This week's theme: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend)
Since I wrote about my bookish goals in my last post, this one will be non-bookish.
Here we go:
1. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water a day: I know, I know! I should have already been doing this! But I really don't like water. Like, seriously, I don't like it! Plus, whenever I tried this before, I spent a ridiculous amount of time needing to pee! This is really embarrassing when you are at work and you have to get up every hour to run to the bathroom, or you spend half a bus ride squirming in your chair. But now I work at home, so no one notices how much I use the bathroom and eventually I will get used to it and be able to go less often (sorry...that was definitely TMI!) AND I started adding 1/4 of a lemon to each 16 oz bottle and I actually really like the lemon water.
2. Exercise 30-60 minutes, 6 times a week: I work from home, I get an hour lunch break, I have a Wii exercise program, free weights, and an elliptical. I have no excuse not to be doing this. I have been doing this since the day after Christmas and I feel great! I gotta keep it up!
3. Finish my book: My goodness! I want to be a writer. How can I be a writer if I am not WRITING? Time to suck it up and finish it.
4. Eat some fruits and veggies every day: Ok, I do eat lots of fruit and veggies, but not some of each every single day. Time to buckle down and make sure I do it!
|This is definitely NOT fruits and veggies!|
5. No new debt: I have been trying to pay my debt off for years, but life happens. The most recent thing is that my car was stolen last year. Since it was a really old, crap car, insurance didn't cover a new car. So I had to get a car loan if I wanted a new car (which I put off for five whole months because I really didn't want to). But alas, I have a car loan now. Paying that off by the end of this year would be really ambitious and I really don't think I can do it. So, my goal is just no new debt. No using a credit card. No new loans. No new debt! I am starting off struggling this one because I had to get brand new tires on Friday, but I will do it!
|This is my rent money...covered in flour. I like to try and make my rent look like drug money because it's funny.|
6. No dirty dishes when I go to bed: Since I have no dishwasher, either my husband or I have to do them by hand. Typically we do them every few days. And then its a daunting task. Its amazing home many dishes you use when you cook! Rather then dread the growing heap of dishes, I want them done every day before bed. This way there are only a few and it takes less time. This will also encourage me to do them while I am cooking.
7. Bathe my dog more often: I love my dog but she is terrified of water and baths. This makes bathing her quite the task. But she needs it. So...alas...I must do it more often.
|Not a happy little elf...ha ha ha ha|
9. More dates with the hubby: Life gets busy. Both my husband and I get very busy and are often not home the same nights. I also get so focused on saving money, that I think more about the negative financial aspects of a date, then the positive emotional aspects. No more! We can either find cheap/free date ideas OR I can ignore my instincts and enjoy time with my adorable husband.
|One of my favorite photos from our reception|
|My sisters and I for the last Seattle/Braves games...guess who we cheered for?|