It's time again for The Broke and The Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday!
This week's theme: Top Ten Characters I'd NEVER Want To Trade Places With
1. Kathy in Never Let Me Go: Considering Kathy grows up knowing she'll never get to live her own life and that she will die at a very young age, yeah....no thanks!
2. Mo in Inkheart: Mo loves books but has the unfortunate ability to read people and creatures in and out of books. As cool as that sounds, it brings nothing but trouble.
3. Hazel in The Fault of Our Stars: Cancer. 'Nuff said!
4. Zelda Fitzgerald in Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald: This is a historically accurate fiction book. And frankly, I feel bad for her. Her husband in an alcoholic in a time when this is not recognized as a problem and she is schizophrenic during a time when this is "cured" with electroshock therapy. Zelda met the love of her life, but both were just too troubled to make it work. So sad!
5. Yossiarian in Catch 22: Yossiarian wants out. But in order to get out of the war, he needs to fly a certain number of missions. The problem is that number keeps going up every time he get close. He is stuck.
6. Alice's parents in The Lovely Bones: Their daughter is murdered and they know their neighbor did it but can't prove it. How awful is that?
7. Mina Harker in Dracula: Mina is slowly being turned into a vampire and doesn't know it. She's strong and brave, but she doesn't even know what's going on. Poor Mina.
8. Julián Carax in The Shadow of the Wind: Read the book and then you'll understand just how sad his life is comparatively.
9. Edmond Dontes in The Count of Monte Cristo: Getting ready to marry the love of his life and now the captain of his own ship, when he's arrested for a crime he doesn't fully understand. He's locked away and forgotten. Its a rough life.
10. Billy in Where the Red Fern Grows: His dogs die. I hate that!