Monday, July 28, 2014

Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From

 Its time for Top Ten Tuesday!

This week's theme: Ten Authors I Own The Most Books From

I own a lot of books thanks to a few library sales. I have purchased most of these for $1 or less. I apologize for the terrible pictures.  I lent my camera to my sister so these were taken with a cell phone....a crappy cell phone at that.

1. John Grisham:  I adore this man's writing and his books are very easy to come by at used books stores and library sales.


2. Tom Clancy:  His books are also very easy to come by used, but I have yet to read any of these.  My husband on the other hand loves his book.


3. James Patterson:  This is another author my husband loves, but I haven't read.


4. Patricia Cornwell: Yet another author I have read NONE of.



5. Dan Brown: after Angels and Demons, I started reading more and more of his books. I have The DaVinci Code somewhere.


6. F. Scott Fitzgerald: I found this set and loved it!


7. Erik Larson: I also have The Devil in the White City.


8. Micheal Connolly: He's easy to come by and my hubers loves his books.


9. CS Lewis: I love his books!

10. Mark Twain: He is one of my favorite authors.  How do I not own more?!



14 comments:

  1. I was shocked that I had so few books by some of my favorite authors like Twain. I think I am most likely to have several books by an author if they wrote books in a series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand that. I found that my list in no way reflects my reading taste.

      Delete
    2. +JMJ+

      Same here! I think series writers had a real edge in this week's TTT. But it's harder to get many stand-alone novels to sell than to get mediocre series books to sell. When I was writing my Tenner, I wanted to count books in a series as one! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Love the way you used pictures for this list. I have read a ton of James Patterson, but surprisingly enough don't seem to own that many of his books anymore. Must have lost them along the way. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I figured this was the best way to show who I owned. I really need to read one of his books and see if owning so many is worth it.

      Delete
  3. I absolutely loved C.S Lewis when I was younger! My sister reads a lot of James Patterson and John Grisham but I'm yet to read anything by them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't speak for Patterson, but I love Grisham's books! I have read all but two in my stack. He's very good.

      Delete
  4. This was such a fun prompt his week! I love the way that you showed your actual book stacks.
    I also really enjoy Erik Larson--Devil In The White City is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Devil in the White City. It was fascinating. This week made me realize I need more books by my favorite authors.

      Delete
  5. Great list! Your copies of Fitzgerald's novels look very cool =D

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got those from a library sale. I had a paperback copy of The Great Gatsby and wanted a hardback. The set was a total bonus!

      Delete
  6. I am the same with Patricia Cornwell. She is really high on my most own authors list, but I have only read one book of hers and I have no idea where any of them came from.
    http://wp.me/p3ftwe-uH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha, her books must just get around!

      Delete
  7. +JMJ+

    I think I read all of John Grisham's books in the 90s and early 200s . . . but because they were someone else's copies, there's no way you'd know that by just looking at my library! I liked his clear style, but I always bogged down in the middle when I started mixing up all his characters. The novel I found the easiest to read was The Client, because I could relate to the child protagonist, being young myself.

    ReplyDelete