Monday, July 7, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Book Buying

It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question:
How often do you buy books and do you prefer new or used?

I don't necessarily have book buying routine.  But I do prefer used books over new.  There are two reasons for this:

1. Books are MUCH cheaper used.  When you like to buy books as much as I do, spending $15-$25 each book can really start to add up. I have found several places to find used books: used book stores, library sales, yard sales, and online (try abebooks.com).  This saves me TONS of money.

2. Used books always seem to have lived a life already.  I feel like I am inherited a book that has already been read and loved before. I like continuing the life of the book by adding my name to the list of many that have read it before.

What about you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment