It's time for Top Ten Tueday hoisted by The Broke and The Bookish!
This week's theme: Ten Book Cover Trends I Like/Dislike
I chose 5 I dislike and 5 I like. Here we go:
1. Photos of real people: I know this is a very popular thing with books, but I don't like it because I can no longer allow my imagination to create this person. I see the person before I have a chance to even crack open the book, and that person is all I will see.
2. Almost kissing: It's really overdone. I am just not a fan.
3. Eyes: Eyes creep me out. That is it.
4. Half faces: This is also very popular and it just drives me crazy.
5. Faceless chiseled abs: I realize I may be the ONLY girl to feel this way, but I feel like it cheapens the whole book. I feel like they are trying to sell me on the picture, not the book.
1. Shadowy Figures: I love the mystery of a shadowy figure!
2. Abstract elements that become clear at some point during the book: I love that "ah-ha" moment when you realize why the cover is what it is.
3. Simplicity: I like it simple.
4. Drawn art: And I love drawn art. I definitely would want to commission an artist when I write a book.
5. Black and white: There is something simple and elegant about a black and white cover.