Monday, April 14, 2014

Making Up For Monday: Too Many Books


It's time for Making Up For Monday!

Today's question is: How many books do you read at a time?

This is one of my biggest problems. I always want to be reading to one book and listening to another book, meaning at most I am working on two books at a time.  Sadly, I get caught up in new releases and find myself reading three, four, or sometimes five books at a time. Then I get confused with some books and sometimes I have to start books over again because they fell to the bottom of my "currently reading" pile for too long.  There are even a few, sadly, that get half-read and never touched again.  I pick the book up years later thinking "How did this one end?" and then I see my bookmark....still marking the last page I read, halfway through the book.  Whoops!


Check out more from Making Up For Monday!     

PS: Sorry this is late today...I had some issues with the link-up tool and it took me WAY too long to figure it out. 

8 comments:

  1. I have this problem too! Some times it'll all work out, then sometimes it's a complete disaster!! lol
    Right now I'm reading Dreams of Gods & Monsters and listening to Scarlet while in my car. I've had to rewind certain parts of Scarlet several times b/c I can't remember it or I didn't get it, or something! I'll probably have to just read the book. Grrrrr!!!!!
    Michelle ~ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I am distracted, I have to restart audiobooks over and over. I just suddenly realize I am not paying attention.

      Delete
  2. I have had to start books multiple times before they "click" and/or before I can force myself to power through them. I also find bookmarks in books and think - I don't remember starting that book! One thing I can't do is listen to books - my mind wanders instantly, unfortunately, so I have to actually read - that's probably a good thing though, or I'd have a huge to-be-listened-to pile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I listen to books while I work. Its the only thing that keeps me focused on my job. But if its a boring book, suddenly I am not listening.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I start reading a book, get halfway through it and if it seems kind of slow or boring, I choose another book and start reading that, thinking that I'll get back to the other book after I finish reading the new one. But after I finish reading the new book, I just don't feel like going back and reading the other one because I don't really remember everything that happened and I don't want to re-read it again. I hate when that happens, because I always want to finish reading a book. Not finishing a book just feels odd to me, but re-reading it again is such a struggle because I just want to get it over with, and than I am skipping pages and rushing through it just to get to the ending, and I really don't like that. But yet, I still do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I HATE just wanting to get to the end of a book. I want the book to compel me to keep reading!

      Delete
  4. I have a tendency to pick up any book that looks interesting…just to look at it, I tell myself and usually looking turns to reading and I have yet another book to add to my currently reading list. It's not something I can control...at least that's what I like to tell myself:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha ha ha. Thats totally how I am too. But my husband is way worse. He's currently reading like 17 books. And he actually jumps back and forth reading them. I am not sure how he does it.

      Delete