Its time again for the Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Teusday.
This week's topic: Top Ten Reasons I Love Being A Blogger/Reader
1. I get to work on my writing skills. As a wannabe writer who spent the first eight years out of college editing medical reviews, my writing skills got a bit rusty.
2. I get to talk about what I just read. Don't you hate when you finish a book and no one else has read the book or really cares to hear about it?
3. I feel like I get to escape into a new world often. I love cracking open a new book and getting lost in it.
4. I am tackling my ever growing TBR list. To be fair, the more I read, the more my TBR list grows, but the fact that my "have-read" list is growing is such a great feeling.
5. I get to meet some of the greatest characters. I love meeting a new fantastic character!
6. I understand a lot more literary references than I used to. Do you ever watch shows or movies where they reference a classic book and you haven't read it so you don't really get it? I hate that.
7. I have expanded my horizons with suggestions. I have read A LOT of books outside of my comfort zone. Some have been disappointing, but some have been phenomenal!
8. I love snuggling on the couch with the dog. Seriously, I love snuggling up on the couch with my dog.
9. I get to talk to my husband about everything I read and write. When you are married and have been for awhile, plus you both work from home, keeping up new conversation is really helpful.
10. Free books!Seriously....I love free books!