For this week's edition of Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, they want to talk about books that will make you cry. The problem is, I don't cry over book. I never have. I guess I must be heartless...ha ha ha. So I just listed ten sad books.
1. It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini: This one is sad because the books ends with so much hope, but then in reality, the author committed suicide. So sad!
2. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee: This book always tugs at my heart strings. Atticus is trying to hard to be a good man and make sure right prevails, but he knows the entire time he's fighting a losing battle.
3. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro: This book starts out and you know full well, it isn't going to end well.
4. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion: This woman wrote this book after her husband dies unexpectedly.
5. The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank: Do I need to explain this one?
6. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling: It's not called the DEATHLY hallows for nothing.
7. Boy21 by Matthew Quick: The two main boys in the book both live rather tragic lives.
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green: Teenagers with cancer....there is no way this won't be sad.
9. Calico Joe by John Grisham: This book is about a wonderful, humble young baseball player who shocks the world with his sheer talent. But his fame is short lived, thanks to someone's jealousy.
10. Red Rain by R. L. Stine:This book is on here because it was terrible and frankly ruined my childhood a little bit. I loved Goosebumps, but were they as poorly executed as this book? I don't want to know!