Monday, September 22, 2014

Top Ten Books On My Fall To-Be-Read List

It's that time again! It's Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish

This week's theme is:   Top Ten Books On My Fall To-Be-Read List

Here we go!

1. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson: I have heard way too many good things about this book to keep putting off reading it!

2. Stardust by Neil Gaiman: I really want to read by Gaiman and this comes highly recommended. 


3. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishigur: I read one book by Ishiguro and really enjoyed it so I figured I should read a second. 


4. American Tabloid by James Ellroy: I hated the Black Dahlia but want to give Ellroy another chance.


5. Looking for Alaska by John Green: I am trying to decide if I really like John Green's books, or if I just like John Green.


6.  Blood of my Blood by Barry Lyga:  I have got to finish this series already!


7. All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr:  My book club is reading this so I definitely will read it soon.


8. The Most Dangerous Animal by Gary Stewart: My husband got this for my birthday so I really want to tackle it now.

9. The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan:  Another series to finish! I'm already on the waiting list at the library.


10. Gray Mountain by John Grisham: Also already on hold at the library. :)



6 comments:

  1. The Blood of Olympus is on my list too. I liked Looking for Alaska. All the Light We Cannot See sounds really good.

    My TTT
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-books-on-my-fall-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love STARDUST. It's awesome. ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE is an interesting one, but very slow. I quit halfway through. I want to go back and finish it, but I'm in no rush. It will be interesting to see what you think of it.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I have been hearing so many good things about Stardust!

      Delete
  3. What was the other book that you read by Ishiguro? "Never Let Me Go" was a somber, haunting read. Really enjoyed that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed Never Let Me GO, which I loved because it was so thought-provoking.

      Delete