Saturday, August 16, 2014

Can You Keep a Secret?: 3 Stars


Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella

My love affair with Sophie Kinsella's books continues with Can You Keep a Secret? Her books are NOTHING like anything else I read, but I love her books.  They are fun and humorous and a great  read after heavier reads because they are so light and simple. 

In this particular book, Emma Corrigan has just made her first solo company presentation and it went terrible!  Now she is on her way home and is in a horrible, whoa-is-me mood. While nursing her wounds, she boards the plane home, a trip she is not looking forward to since she is terrified of flying. After hitting horrific turbulence, Emma confesses ALL of her secrets to the man next to her.  And wouldn't you know it, he is the OWNER of her company.  Whoops! 

Filled with adorable missteps and silly misunderstandings, this book is another chick lit book like all her others. They are like chick flicks for books. It's not my favorite of the books of hers I have read and it's rather predictable, but it was a fun read. 

I did really like that her roommate's name was Lissy.  That's my sister's name and it's not a common nickname for Melissa.  It's usually Missy or Mel. 

Rating: PG-13

Recommended for those who enjoy: chick lit, love stories, female leads, and humor.


No comments:

Post a Comment