It's time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish!
This week's theme: Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read
I literally could have named about 50 of these. Please don't judge me! I am slowly knocking these off. Until last year, Rainbow Rowell, JK Rowling, Melissa Meyer, Sue Grafton, James Patterson, John Green, Truman Capote, and many many more would have made this list. I'm getting there.
The main reason a lot of these are on my list is I have very strange taste in books.
1. Stieg Larsson: My main reason for not reading The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo books is that I hear that there is a pretty graphic rape scene or two. I don't know for sure though. But I can't handle rape scenes. They tend to haunt me for weeks if not months.
2. Suzanne Collins: I debated putting her on the list because I used to watch the children's shows she wrote for like Little Bear. But those weren't books and now she's known for her novels like The Hunger Games, which I have never read. The truth is, I don't like dystopian books (please don't throw things). Maybe someday...
3. Veronica Roth: She also falls under the "I don't really read dystopian" category. Again, maybe someday.
4. George R.R. Martin: When did Game of Thrones get so popular?
5. Stephanie Meyer: Nope...won't...can't....never will.
6. Cassandra Clare: I got to admit, I don't even know what The Mortal Instruments is about.
7. Laini Taylor: Ok, I don't know what Daughter of Smoke and Bone is about either.
8. Stephanie Perkins: I am usually not a big fan of romance but read them every once in awhile. Is Anna and the French Kiss a good one to read?
9. E. L. James: Nope....can't...won't....never will.
10. Jojo Moyes: She's been on my to-read list forever. I just need to read her now!
I know, I know....my list is crazy in the blogger world!