Monday, June 29, 2015

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015

It's time again for The Broke and The Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday.

This week's topic: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015

My year so far has been a lot busier than I anticipated, so I way behind on my goals. I have only read 19 books so far this year.  But out of those 19, here are my 10 favorite: 

1. Night by Elie Wiesel: It's definitely a difficult read, but it's eye opening and powerful.
  

2. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson: He was funny and thought-provoking; a wonderful combination. 

3. Stardust by Niel Gaiman: This audiobook was also read by the author and totally worth it. 


4. Coraline by Neil Gaiman: I had heard of the story before, but never read it.  It's a great story. 


5. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman:  AWESOME!!!!  I even convinced my book club to read it. 

6. Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman:  Sensing a trend in the books I have read this year???

 7. Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchett: Such a funny read with an awesome main character.


 8. Rosanna by Maj Sjowall:  A murder mystery that is very well done.


 9. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt: This book was very thought-provoking and interesting.


10. Dirty Chick by Antonia Murphy:  This is a fun read by a hilarious woman who looks at life in a unique way.


5 comments:

  1. I love how much Neil Gaiman is on your list this week! Great list :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this list, especially all the Neil Gaiman. Night was also a powerful read. I highly recommend his own books in the trilogy (Dawn & Day). I also put The Goldfinch on my list - amazing read! My list is here: http://jmillwanders.com/2015/06/30/top-ten-tuesday-books-ive-read-so-far-in-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaiman and Pratchett are geniuses! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list of books!! Thanks for sharing your favorite reads of the year so far with us!! I have some new to me titles to check out and potentially add to my ever growing reading wishlist!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I really want to read the Goldfinch because it sounds so good. I loved The Graveyard Book!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete