Its Top Ten Tuesday time hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
Top Ten Tuesday Freebie! Pick your own topic! I chose ten books I read that were totally out of my comfort zone but that I really really enjoyed. Here we go:
1. Moneyball by Michael Lewis: I love baseball but I don't pretend to know the first thing about managing a team.
2. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides: This was a Pulitzer Prize winner about a hermaphrodite and the struggles of transitioning from girl to boy. Excellent read!
3. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro: This is basically a story of love and friendship but with a unique twist.
4. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller: This is a war-based novel (not my cup of tea) but was really good.
5. Tuesday with Morrie by Mitch Albom: This is a non-fiction about a man who visits a friend who is dying. I tend to avoid the sad ones.
6. A Visit from the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan: Another Pulitzer Prize winner I would have never read.
7. I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga: I tend to avoid YA books, but really liked this one.
8. The Fault in our Stars by John Green: Another love story I typically avoid.
9. I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella: Definitely not my style, yet, I tend to like her books.
10. Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick: I really enjoyed this one.