Sunday, March 29, 2015

Making Up For Monday: Author Avoidance

It's time for Making Up For Monday! This is a weekly meme hosted by me that asks some fun literary questions. Feel free to play along!

This week's question: Do you have an author who you refuse to read?


While I think "refuse" is a harsh word, there are a couple of authors I tend to avoid. After reading It in high school and being horrified at the ending, I have avoided Stephen King. While I am sure his other books don't contain graphic sex scenes with minors, I would rather not risk it.  


The second author is Stephanie Meyer. I have zero interest in the topics she chooses to write about, her writing style, or any of the movies that come with them. Its just not my style. 


What about you?  




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we both picked Stephanie Meyer. That's interesting.

    Mmmm. I'd have to agree about Stephen King. I've technically only read, and liked, one book, The Green Mile, because it was for school. But his books have always seemed like a long investment for a strange, questionable reward. And he wrote about a clown... I don't do clowns.

    ReplyDelete