This week's theme is Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2013.
This was an easy list for me. So far, I have read 108 books this year. So that is a lot of new authors. Here's my top ten:
1. Matthew Quick: I adored Silver Lining's Playbook. I have read a couple of his other books: one I enjoyed and one I didn't, but I am still very happy with Silver Lining's Playbook.
2. J. K. Rowling: Yes, before 2013 I hadn't read ANY of her books. Now I have read all of the Harry Potter series.
3. Kazuo Ishiguro: I had never even heard of this author before I read Never Let Me Go.
4. David McCullough: Why did I not read him before? He makes non-fiction so fascinating! I have always been fascinated with the founding of this country. This may because my mother is OBSESSED with the 4th of July and Red, White, and Blue. We grew up with an American flag in our yard, with a light on it at night. I guess some of that rubbed off. :)
5. David Baldacci: This was a recommendation from my dad. Baldacci has some marvelous characters in his books. This isn't just a typical crime novel. The main character is basically homeless. Its very unique.
6. Jeff Lindsay: The Dexter series is what I need for my serial killer fix. His character is fascinating!
8. George Orwell: What a great writer who doesn't hold back from how he really feels.
9. Joseph Heller: This book is pure brilliance! Seriously, I can't describe it.
|Are there any new authors I need to start reading?|