Monday, July 7, 2014

Top Ten Blogging Confessions

It's time for Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme: Top Ten Blogging Confessions

1. I take forever to review books.  I tend to read a book and then jump  into another one right away. This leaves me with a long list of books that need reviews written. Ugh.


2. I schedule my posts in advance and sometimes I barely touch my blog during the week. Sometimes the week just gets very very busy and checking in on this blog falls to the bottom of the list.  So sometimes it takes me awhile to respond to comments.  Sorry!

3. I am often embarrassed by my taste in books as they differ so much from everyone else. I used to think I had a fairly typical taste in books and then I started book blogging and discovered that I have very odd taste. What I LOVE, others seem to hate; what I have no interest in is wildly popular.



4. I finish books even when I don't want to just to write an accurate review. Sometimes it takes me forever to read a book because about 25% of the way in, I realize I will hate it.  But  I don't like writing reviews unless I have read the ENTIRE book, so I always keep reading.

5. I read so many books, it's hard to remember the plots of all of them. I have conversations with people about books I have read and typically need help remembering the plot or characters. It's like "Oh yeah, I loved that book!  What happened again?".  So embarrassing.

6. My best writing happens when I am dead tired. This actually makes me question my writing all together. If I am awake and focused, I hate everything that I write.  But when I am tired, the words just flow.

7. I don't understand HTML at all. Not even a little bit of it do I understand. So I ma stuck with a generic look to my blog because I have no clue how to change it.

8. I constantly doubt my writing. I am the kind of writer who goes back and forth.  "Man, I am a wonderful writer!"  "What was I thinking?  I am terrible!"

9. I worry too much about readership when in reality, it doesn't matter to me. If I wanted this blog to be something bigger, I would work a lot harder on it.  But it's just a place to write my thoughts, practice my writing, and reviews books.  Yet, I find myself constantly wondering how many people actually read it.

10. I rely WAY too much on the spelling tool. Yeah, my spelling skills have really declined since high school.  It's pretty bad.

4 comments:

  1. I read a lot of books all at once, and it does sometimes get confusing. Means I have to keep on top of my reviews too!
    Great list :)
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the tricky part, staying on top of your reviews!

      Delete
  2. I've been reading books for 40 years--plots do tend to blur after awhile. I don't seem to go for the really popular books either but then I think I'm older than the typical book blogger. Isn't it great to just let it out? I enjoyed your list today kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I haven't gotten to the point where I reread a book with out realizing it, but my dad has done it. I am guessing I will be there soon!

      Delete