It's time for the Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday.
This week's theme: Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List (could be blogging related, book related etc. -- meeting authors, reading x many books per year, finishing a daunting book, etc.)
I decided to start out with my blog challenges:
1. Reading 125 books this year: Last year I read 116 books, so this isn't much more, but I am struggling to keep up. I guess I better buckle down.
2. The Pulitzer Prize list: I am reading through the fiction list of Pulitzer Prize winners. I am hoping to get through this in two years.
3. The Classics Club: I joined the Classic Club and have a list of 50 books I am trying to get through in the next five years.
4. Reading every John Grisham book: I am not a huge fan of the super popular mystery writers that pump out novels faster than you can blink, but I read one of his books in college on a whim. I LOVED it. He is a phenomenal writer.
5. Meeting Jim Dale: Jim Dale is the best audiobook reader. I want to go to a book reading of his.
6. Reading Atlas Shrugged: 1168 pages of whopping intimidation. I hear great things, but man it is so intimidating. Its HUGE!
7. Reading War and Peace: Speaking of HUGE....1424 pages is a lot of pages.
8. A Brief History of Time: Ok, so I hear WONDERFUL thing about this book....but is is weird that I am worried I won't understand it? I mean, it is written by a genius.
9. The Shining: I had a bad experience with Stephen King (the whole 11-year old orgy thing), but I want a good scare and I hear this book will do the trick. Once I can look past the past, I'll read it.