Sunday, October 26, 2014

Making Up For Monday: What is the scariest book you have ever read?






It's time for Making Up For Monday!

This week's question:
What is the scariest book you have ever read?

Hmm...this one is a toughy.  I LOVE Halloween and getting scared.  But I am a tough one to scare. I've tried Stephen King, and wasn't impressed. I usually find the scary book intriguing, but nothing scary enough that it gives me chills. 

I did really like Dracula by Bram Stoker.  I think the scariest thing about it was that no one had a clue they were being attacked. How scary is that?  Dracula made his presence nearly impossible to even notice.  While the thought of that was rather spooky, it didn't really "scare" me. 



I also really enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House, which was spooky because you were sure if was really a haunted house or not.  But again, I didn't feel like I was really "scared". 



Perhaps I am too much in the real world and not sinking myself enough into the books.  Maybe I haven't read a truly scary book.  Does anyone have suggestions for some truly haunting reads?


2 comments:

  1. So I replied to your movie post before reading this one and you've listed my favourite scary movie: The Haunting of Hill House (shortened to The Haunting for the movie crowd). I love the book too. Scary books can totally freak me out, to the point where I have to sleep with the light on. The Shining, The Woman in Black, The Amityville Horror, Silence of the Lambs, and most of the Goosebumps books...yeah, I'm shaking just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. That was scary.

    ReplyDelete